Pleasures and Ponderings

Friday, August 12, 2011

It Doesn't Concern Me

(A 15-minute writing exercise to note all the things in life that DON'T concern me.)

It doesn't concern me that I don't have a car or that there are many countries I've not been to.
I don't care that I might not have any ice cream in my freezer.
Who minds if there are three or six of us writing together in the memoir group.
It's of no significance that I don't wear new clothes instead of long-owned ones.

If I cared about being closer to a lake, I'd get on a bus or ride there with a friend.
It doesn't matter that I don't know gardening facts, especially since roomer Larry loves to garden. I don't mind that I'll have to wait for red tomatoes in the yard.
I don't care if the sunflowers bloom ths week or not for three weeks.

I don't care when I get my free sample of Great Harvest bread that I haven't bought a loaf for awhile. (I do leave a tip).

It doesn't concern me if past lovers ever think of me, or if high school classmates remember what a square I was back then.
I don't mind if potlucks are balanced or if it's mostly salads.

I need carry on no crusade for how many books others should read or how much TV they shouldn't watch.
Whether the chickens across the alley lay eggs or not matters not to me.

That loose string on the kitchen rug doesn't pull at me to cut it.
All the candy I gathered and put on the top kitchen shelf doesn't concern me like it did at arm's length. It's just made temptation easier to resist.
If I don't find my red scarf, I can go to Goodwill and replace it.

If I don't get to the outdoor dance on Friday after my son's birthday dinner, I'll just wait till next week to dance.
It's no big deal

(To read others' ideas on what doesn't matter, go to http://silvermine.blogspot/2009/06/things-that-don't-matter.html )

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home