Pleasures and Ponderings

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

1991 Friendship with a Man

How do I want it? Let me share the ways.
I want the comfort I'd have with a loving mother,
The aliveness I feel with a you-can-say-it-all friend,
The stimulation of a trip with a fellow adventurer,
The quietude of a peaceful walk in the forest,
The openness of a scientist with her experiment,
The compassion of a nurse with a patient in pain,
The easy reassurance of a coach to a boy who missed a ball,
The physical closeness of a baby at the breast,
The sigh of fullness at completing a poignant story,
The clapping hands and jumping feet of a child invited overnight,
The shy smile the first day of school with a new friend,
The hope, blessed, eternal hope,
That this man's shock absorbers
Can keep smooth any ride we take.

I'm ready! Are you?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home